You are a bridesmaid to a wedding and you only have a little over two weeks to lose weight, especially trim down your belly fat, what do you do? You end up looking for ways to lose belly fat in 2 weeks. You consider buying diet pills or opt to do crash diet. Are they effective?
Crash dieting and taking diet pills both give short term results, however, most of the time, they will prove to be ineffective. This article aims to provide helpful tips on losing excess fat in as little as 2 weeks.
- People have long believed that in order to lose belly fat in 2 weeks is to do endless crunches and sit-ups. These exercises will strengthen the abdominal muscles but they do not necessarily trim down your waist. Even gym instructors do not advice of it as these may strain your lower back thus resulting to pain and poor posture.
- To lose that unsightly belly fat, you need to do more. Strength training is one of the most recommended exercise routines to make you lose your belly fat. Strength training will build your muscles thus helping in the weight loss process. Try doing squats and dead lifts to strengthen your muscles, with the use of the right weights, you can work out and build your muscles.
- Eating healthy goes hand in hand with the right exercise routines. You can do exercises every single day but if you don’t alter your eating habits, your efforts will be futile. So if you want to lose excess weight fast, you need to eat the right kinds of food – lean meat, whole grains, fresh vegetables and fruits, and less fatty foods. Stay away from processed and fast foods as well.
- Increase your water consumption. It is always a good practice to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day. It keeps you hydrated. Avoid sodas and alcoholic beverages. You might have heard about the beer belly – so stay away from drinking beers.
- Limit your carbohydrates. While you cannot remove carbs from your daily diet because it is the main source of energy for the body, you have to keep your intake at bay – get carbohydrate supply from baked potatoes, whole grain pasta and rice, and wheat bread.
- Eat at least 6 times a day! Yes, you read it right – eat more than usual all day. These will have to be smaller meals; this practice will lessen the cravings and you don’t feel hungry throughout the day that you tend to binge eat once you finally eat. Do not skip on breakfast or snacks. The more you eat smaller portions that more you lose weight. This practice will provide you with a steady flow of energy throughout the day. If you feel hungry, that would mean you are not eating enough good food.
- Do not attempt to starve yourself because you will end up eating more.
Establish a goal and stick with it. Stay motivated – with the popularity of taking pictures of just about anything these days, why not take a before picture, then take an after or during the process picture. This will help you see the changes as you progress. These are just some of the things you can do to lose belly fat in 2 weeks.