Belly fat seemed to be one of the biggest problems experienced by people, especially by men. It is clearly noticeable that men have more ‘visceral’ fat than women, or those which are found around the waistline. Are you familiar with love handles, pot belly, or beer belly? Do you wish that you can just get rid of it as fast as models could, or as instant as you see in TV advertisements or commercials? Generally speaking, the methods on how to lose belly fat for men may also vary with methods intended for women. This is because a man’s and a woman’s body composition, muscle and fat composition may differ, and how they can be lost depends on a lot of factors.
Before understanding which methods help how to lose belly fat for men, let us first find out which causes these problems.
- It is already a part of man’s biological nature to develop beer belly. Unfortunately, even some men with think or lean figure are prone to getting visceral fat. In short, it can be biological or hereditary, as some people may experience it, while some others may not.
- Lifestyle also plays a huge role towards the development of belly fat in men. Beer, fatty foods, lack of exercise and too much sleep can all cause belly fat for both men and women.
- Stress is a huge factor. When people are stressed, the tendency to oversleep and overeat is high, which then causes fat to build up, especially around the belly area.
Among other fats within the body, adipose tissue within the belly area seemed to be one of the most ‘stubborn’ fats, making it more difficult to lose as compared to those found in the arms, face, neck and other parts of the body. As many are still trying to figure out how to lose belly fat for men, many are still struggling given the fact that a lot of products are being sold in the international market focusing on helping people understand how to lose belly fat for men.
But the main secret relies on simple things. Men get too focused on more complicated things and procedures, leaving the simpler and the more effective tips overlooked.
- Cut the carbohydrates and increase protein intake. Protein increases muscle development, which means that you can cut down the fat build-up and replace it with muscles instead.
- Do not skip meals, but instead, eat a balanced and healthy diet. Men tend to skip breakfast or lunch, hoping that skipping these important meals of the day will hasten their weight loss process. As a matter of fact, it goes the other way around. It doesn’t help but it worsens the situation moreover.
- FAD diets NEVER work. Remember, if you go for products that make you lose weight faster, bear in mind that you will be gaining back the weight twice as fast as you have lost them when you stop taking these pills or products. Going for the slower yet safer way to lose weight is always ideal. Always think of long-term goals and not just short-term weight loss goals.
- A little bit of belly fat is natural – even though you have tried all the methods and products and see you still have a couple of inches, that’s fine. You’ll lose it as soon as you follow a regular diet and proper exercise regimen.
Being able to know how to lose belly fat for men is a great thing, but there’s one more important thing one has to know – knowing is good but taking action is better.